Monday, December 13, 2010

Another Page, Another Chapter

What does it mean to live? When you think of the word "life" what comes to mind?

I often have days where I do nothing but sit and reflect on my life. I reflect on events that have occurred not just in my own life, but in other peoples lives. There are days, sometimes weeks, where I turn off all means of communication to cogitate on MY life.

You can almost look at ones life being a booked filled with multiple chapters. Those chapters can depict a year, day, hour, minute or second. For me I see my chapters showing development over the years- from birth until now. It's funny because I can almost remember EVERY birthday I've had, every laugh I've shared, every tear I've cried, every lie I've told. I remember! I remember those moments.

Moments... Each year, on my birthday, I do my best to reflect on the year that has passed- before the night is over. If I were to write a book it would, without a doubt, be a bestseller! I have had many joyous moments! Many sad, many boring, and many ugly moments. This is something I'm sure you have too! Even in those moments there's development, growth, expansion, progression, etc. I can honestly say that I wouldn't be the person I am without those moments. I thank God for "moments". :)

With all of this being said, I continue, daily, to write yet another page, another chapter, in my life. Even though my book (life) is not finished, I often read MY book just so I don't forget who I AM! I have to keep abreast to things that concern....ME... Another page, another chapter.

Who writes the pages to your book (life)? Is it you? Or is it the people you call "friend". I dare you to review the footnotes of your life. Brush up on some of the things you "forgot" about yourself that others might not know yet. And while you look over your book, continue to jot down new things (continue living), and then reflect back on those new things and keep writing (living), another page, another chapter.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome review for a young man... if you keep your life before you...it will keep your edges sharp!

    ReplyDelete