Monday, November 29, 2010

Live in the NOW

Have you ever came up on a surprise that shockingly blessed you? Whether it be someone giving you a gift, bought you dinner, or even some good advice. Well this morning I come into the office and find quite a few emails, due to being off for the holiday of course. I come across an email that I get daily from Our Daily Bread. Well today's piece is "What Is In Your Hand?"

It always amazes me how God sends you something that speaks directly to your situation. Me, being so imperfect and all leads me to believe that in my imperfections He's still there to send some relief. Okay... moving on... the message this morning was speaking on what's in front of you. Not focusing specifically on yesterday or tomorrow but today. I often tell my friends, and even myself, to "Live in the NOW".

The text begins to talk about Moses being at the burning bush. Moses was open with God and was like, "Look here, I'm scared!" LOL -My interpretation of course. "Why me, why do I have to lead the people out of bondage." Moses is so focused on tomorrow and the months and years to come and God is like DUDE! Can we focus on right now? LOL -Again, my interpretation. God asked Moses, "What is that in your hand?" What was before Moses was the shepherds rod. God explained that through God Moses could use this "wooden stick" to perform miracles. And of course Moses' faith grew and was able to fulfill the task that God asked him to do.

So you know by now I'm tripping out, right? LOL Those that know me know I get stupid crazy excited when I discover something so simple! Here I am trippin over yesterday and what could have been done differently. Then a little uneasy about tomorrow, or the months to come- like Moses; however, after reading this I'm like DUDE! Quit trippin! I am an awesome individual with a bright future- yes i just tooted my own horn! Try tootin yours for a change! LOL Since I know this, I can live for TODAY because I know that my future is going to be awesome! I can't live for today worrying about tomorrow. SOMEONE GET ON AN ORGAN AND BACK ME UP! Whew! :D

I'm going to continue to live in the NOW! Doesn't mean I have to forget yesterday or I shouldn't think about tomorrow. More like take a glance and come back to today! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! There is a song by Alvin Slaughter, It says, "What's that you have in your hand, I can use it, if you're willing to lose it, take the little you have, he'll make it grand, he'll more than supply your need!" I thought of that when you said what's in your hand...All we have in our hand is today! Make the best of it! and it does not matter about our past or future because God is the same yesterday, today and forever, He always there!

    ReplyDelete