Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Release

When you meet new people, what are you initial thoughts after interacting with them? Do you say, "Hmmmm, she was kind of cool." You might even mummer, "What in the WORLD!" Either way you look at it, you'll either have a negative response or a positive response- sometimes an in between feeling. Even with those "feelings" or "judgements" you begin to get to know these people. You know? To see if they are cool and if you "mesh" well together. Then there are some you can look at and simply say, "Uh, not at all.. won't work."

I have people that I've connected with for over 10 years, 4-5 years, 1 year, 5months, 2 days, 1 hour, etc. In these connections I can most certainly say there are only four that have been the friend to me that God knew I needed them to be. Very few have been around through my dealings with my dad and family, etc. Some have stuck with me through high school- Lord help us all! LOL. Then there are some new ones that came on board during my college days- again, Lord help us all! LOL. And even more came on during my first days into the corporate world. Isn't it interesting how God sends you all of these wonderful people to be in your life and then the day comes for you to bid them a goodbye?

Goodbye? Yes indeed. You hear it all of the time, "Some friendships are seasonal, others are lifetime friendships." Well let me declare to you today that I am so shocked to find out who is seasonal and who isn't. And what makes it more interesting is that I hear God speak more to me now than I ever have. I'll leave it at that.

One thing I learned growing up, going through all that I've gone through, is to LET GO! You can not hold on to the things that hinder you and/or cause you ALWAYS feel some type of way. The only way you will have peace is if you make peace. It took me 12 stinking years to let go of the hurt that my father caused me. Have I forgotten? Come on now, of course not but I no longer let that hurt control me! I have peace! I just recently had a shift in relationships! That includes, friends, family, co-workers, etc. I let the stuff go. I tell my brother all of the time, never will Jimmy Meadows feel awkward in ANY setting! LOL And I mean it. You can't make me feel any type of way about anything! Have peace within yourself.

I'm telling ya'll, honesty is thee best way to keep peace. Being rude and honest do not fall into the same category (you idiots!). Sorry, had a moment... People think that speaking whatever is on your mind or how you feel on the spot is "keeping it real". There's no peace among confusion. How dare you shatter someone with your rendition of "keeping it real". As a Christian man, I fall short of just speaking... without thinking... the only difference between me and some others is that I can admit that I am wrong. Lord that's a whole other blog in itself! Lol

This blog is rather scattered LOL But I just needed to "release" a little bit. I'm free ya'll. And I LOVE it! You have to come to the conclusion that you are tired of the same ol same ol. Once that day comes, I promise you'll be at peace with you! Trust God, he'll show you. And then you'll be able to "release" just like I have tonight.

Much love to you all!

2 comments:

  1. i love it Jimmy! Fantastic... i've learned the same difficult lesson this year.. including the Dad part.. because we know how mine is.. smh. lol. but i am so happy and proud of you for staying strong, Godly, and YOURSELF! that's what i love about you the most... that you are the same Jimmy i used to sing on karaoke machines with for years... and i'm glad to see that though some things have changed for the better... others have stayed the same, FOR THE BEST. :) ♥ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh! Sha!! LOL @ the karaoke machines! Whew. I remember it like it was yesterday! We've been friends for years! So grateful to know ya! ;) See ya soon (hint hint) LOL

    ReplyDelete